Leading the Industry
AAC leads the way on environmental, health and safety auditing certification in Canada. We will continue to develop progressive and innovative certification opportunities in response to membership and sector demand.
The Qualifications that a Certified Auditor Brings to Your Organization
- Successful completion of applicable education
- A minimum of three years of auditing experience in a full-time capacity
- Successful completion of a peer examination
- Continuous knowledge growth through ongoing professional development demanded by a certification maintenance
What is a Certified Auditor?
- An individual who has met the academic, experience and examination requirements of a national registration authority.
- An individual with in-depth knowledge of EHS auditing and management principles and practices who uses this knowledge to develop systems in your workplace in order to achieve optimum control over occupational hazards detrimental to your daily operations and people and environmental impacts related to your activities, products and / or services.
- An individual committed to the principles of risk management, loss control, accident and incident prevention and environmental protection.
- An individual whose knowledge and skills are continually upgraded through a certification maintenance program through a nationally recognized association to ensure you always have a qualified, up-to-date professional managing your EHS programs and priorities.
- An individual committed to conducting assurance management activities in line with a strict Code of Ethics.
What AAC Provides
- We currently provide an, internationally recognized, Certified Health & Safety Management Systems Auditor (CHSMSA) designation
- We provide the Provisional Environmental Auditor (PEA) designation, for those looking to develop in the environmental auditing field
- We guide the direction of Environmental Auditor certifications in Canada, in conjunction with our certifying partner CECAB (Canadian Environmental Certification Approvals Board).
- We continue to play a significant role in the management and improvement of Environmental Auditor certifications for both the Environmental Professional—Compliance Auditor—EP(CEA), and the Environmental Professional—Environmental Management Systems Lead Auditor EP(EMSLA).