Occupational Health and Safety Lead Auditor (OHS(LA)) Training
The OHS(LA) course is a 35-hour instructor lead program.
This popular course is now offered on-line!
CEU (Continuing Education Credits): 3.5
The training is a comprehensive treatment of the knowledge requirements of:
- ISO 45001 (Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems), and
- ISO 19011 (Guidelines for Auditing Management System), reinforced through detailed discussion of practical application.
The course is structured into a series of modules, supplemented with breakouts, and case studies.
Successful completion of the course meets the formal training requirements of the Certified Health and Safety Management System Lead Auditor for those that chose to pursue the designation.
ISO 19011 Modules Include:
- Clearly set forth Learning Objectives
- Introduction to Audit; the value of audit; auditor traits, roles and responsibilities
- The evolution of the standard; navigating the standard; Annex A; and Consideration of Audit Principles
- Terms and definitions
- Managing an Audit Programme
- Audit Process - a discussion of the activities throughout the audit lifecycle.
- Competence and Evaluation of Auditors
ISO 45001 Modules Include:
- Introduction to management systems; introduction to risk, due diligence, stakeholder expectations; and discussion of the regulatory context (introduction to jurisdictions, regulations and penalties)
- Overview of ISO 4500 – structure, introduction, scope.
- Terms and Definitions
- Context of the Organization
- Leadership, Commitment and Safety Culture
- Planning - including consideration of Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Control; Legal and Other Requirements; Health and Safety Objectives.
- Support - Resources, Competence, Awareness, Communication, and Documented Information
- Operation - Operational Planning and Control, Management of Change, and Emergency Response
- Performance Evaluation – Monitoring and Measuring, Audit, and Management Review.
- Improvement – Incident, Nonconformity and Corrective Action, and Continual Improvement
Instructors are experienced risk-based management system auditors, with a wealth of experience in applying the standards to real life situations.
Check out our Events and Training Calendar and details to see the next time this is offered.
EVENTS & TRAINING